This is a beautifully expressive etching of a woman in a lighthouse .
I ove lighthouses and often imagine what it must be like to live in one amidst the crashing waves and lonesome sea...
This poem accompanies the image:
"Here I cast my solitary lightUpon all that gather beneath me
The moonlit waves at play with ships,
The shark’s eggs, turtles & mermaids fair,
The love-struck sailors in their wake
I hold them all to my shining heartlongingly
Then safe into the stormy night I set them free..."
~ Liza Paizis ~
• This is an original, collectible piece of art and is produced entirely by hand through my etching press....please click on the thumbnails to have a closer look at the lovely movement and detail of this piece.
• It has been lovingly hand colored in watercolors, and the print itself measures 12.5cm x 19.5cm (4 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches).
• It number 13 of only 25 prints in this limited edition.
• The paper is rough white Bockingford 300gsm watercolour paper and measures approx. 22.5cm x 30.5cm (approx 9 x 12 inches)
• I have hand-colored parts delicately with gouache which brings out the illustrative quality of this piece.
• This item is one of a kind!
• You will receive the print in the photos.
• All my etchings come signed, titled and numbered in pencil on the front, and have details of editioning and states on the back.
• It is packaged with a protective plastic sleeve cardboard backing. It will be sent flat and very well protected.
• Please be aware that computer monitors vary with colour display and the colours you see may differ slightly from the original artwork.
** Please be aware that computer monitors vary with colour display and the colours you see may differ slightly from the artwork **top of page
bottom of page